Loewinsohn Flegle Deary L.L.P.
Jim L. Flegle
Jim Flegle is recognized as one of the state's leading attorneys. He is a senior partner with over 35 years of commercial trial experience.
Jim is admitted to practice in all Texas courts, all United States District Courts in Texas, the United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth, Seventh, Ninth, Eleventh and Federal Circuits, and the Supreme Court of the United States. He represents clients nationwide.
Jim has worked both sides of the docket in complex commercial disputes, including intellectual property, oil and gas, contracts, partnerships, real estate, fraud, trusts and estates, employment and professional liability. He represents officers and directors in Sarbanes-Oxley matters before the SEC and in court. He is also experienced in domestic and international arbitrations. Jim spent the first 24 years of his career at Bracewell & Giuliani (formally Bracewell & Patterson), serving as the managing partner of the firm's Dallas office and on the firm's Management Committee.
In 2012, Jim was recognized by his peers and D Magazine as one of the best business litigators in the Dallas area. Also, in 2010, as in past years, Jim was recognized as one of The Top 100 Texas Super Lawyers in the DFW area. In 2009, he was recognized as one of The Top 100 in the state.
- Named one of Best Lawyers in Dallas by D Magazine in 2012
- Selected by fellow members of the Texas Bar Association to be named among the Top Texas Super Lawyers in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005 and 2004
- Selected by fellow members of the Texas Bar Association to be named among the Top 100 Super Lawyers in the Dallas/Ft. Worth region for 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006
- Selected to be included in 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, and 2007 editions of The Best Lawyers in America
- College of the State Bar
- Higginbotham Inn of Court, Barrister
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Raven Society
- University of Kentucky Intercollegiate Debate Hall of Fame
- American Board of Trial Advocates, President of Dallas Chapter, 2009; Dallas Executive Committee Member, (2005 -)
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Dallas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Houston Bar Foundation
- State Bar of Texas Grievance Committee District 6A, Member (1996-1999); State Bar of Texas Advertising Review Committee, Member (2003-2006)
- University of Kentucky Board of Trustees (1973-1974)
Selected Publications and Presentations:
- "Tortious Interference in Texas," April 2003, Dallas, Texas
- "Spoliation of Evidence: Duties, Defenses and Remedies," July 2002, Houston and Dallas, Texas
- "Overcoming Evidentiary Objections," November/December 2002, Houston and Dallas, Texas
- "Evidence Tampering and Destruction," June 2003, Houston and Dallas, Texas
- "Tort Reform and Insurance Law: Exemplary Damages," August 2003, Houston and Dallas, Texas
- "Advanced Civil Discovery: Evidence Tampering and Destruction," February and March 2004, Houston and Dallas, Texas
- "Advanced Personal Injury and Insurance Law," April 2004, Houston and Dallas, Texas
- "Advanced Civil Litigation: Exemplary Damages Update," May 2006; January, February and April 2007
Jim is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate and Student Body President of the University of Kentucky. He received his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1977, where he was First Place Speaker in the Lile Moot Court competition.