Loewinsohn Flegle Deary L.L.P.
We are very proud
of our successes over the years. Our Featured Victories represent examples of the results we have obtained for clients in a broad range of disputes.
Oil, Gas, and Chemical Litigation
- Jury verdict and judgment in excess of $1 million for working interest owners in suit against operator for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and DTPA violations. No. 92v-233; FGB v. Hoover, 155th District Court, Fayette County, Texas.
- Arbitration award of over $1 million in damages and 95% concession of rights for Dallas energy company in arbitration involving concession for 72,000 acre oil operation in Indonesia. Obtained denial of opponent’s claims exceeding $20 million in damages and punitive damages. Nordell International Resources Ltd. v. Triton Indonesia, Inc., et al., No. 72-199-0204-90, American Arbitration Association, forum in Singapore. Related opinions: Nordell Int’l Resources v. Triton Indonesia, Inc., 1998 U.S. App. LEXIS 11463 (9th Cir. 1998); Nordell Int’l Resources v. Triton Oil, 1996 U.S. App. LEXIS 11594 (9th Cir. 1996), table case format, 97 F.3d 1460.
- Obtained for co-defendant, Gulf South Pipeline, an order dismissing alleged class action on motion by Gulf South and other defendants. Relief requested included injunctive relief and judicial oversight of 8,000 miles of interstate pipeline. No. 9:01CV132; P.D. Hamilton v. Koch Industries, Inc., et al.; United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas, Lufkin Division.
- Obtained jury verdict and take-nothing judgment for defendant pipeline company against claims of take or pay and breach of contract. Affirmed on appeal. No. 87-41636; Mandell v. Hamman Oil & Refining, Tennessee Gas Pipeline, et al.; 281st District Court, Harris County, Texas.
- Obtained denial of temporary injunction, decertification of class, and dismissal of all claims in favor of defendants in action involving claims for RICO, fraud, breach of contract, class action (certified and decertified), NGPA, and business torts. The claims involved mineral rights in Texas. $80 million in damages claimed. No. 7746; Spacek v. Williams; 335th District Court, Lee County, Texas.
- Represented plaintiff in claims involving oil field equipment for use in Equador. Favorable settlement for plaintiff prior to trial. Antitrust, conspiracy, defamation, tortuous interference and civil conspiracy. No. H-96-3921; Oil Well Hydraulics, Inc. v. Trico Industries, Inc.; United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division.
- Various litigations involving Merit Drilling Company. Represented defendant owners of various drilling barges. No. 83-4197; U S Steel Corp v. Merit Drilling Corp; 58th District Court, Denton County Texas. Agreed judgment. No. 83-2764; Seattle-First Nat’l Bank v. Drilling Barge Merit 5; United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana, Lafayette Division. Represented defendant. Favorable settlement. No. 83-5622; First City Nat’l Bank of Houston v. Drilling Barge Merit 2; United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana. Represented defendant. Favorable settlement. No. 83-5875; United States v. Drilling Barge Merit 3; United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. Represented defendant. Financial disputes involving barge construction and finance.
- Represented plaintiff in claims involving working interest owners. Settled after obtaining temporary injunction and order that funds be placed in court registry. Breach of contract, temporary injunction. No. 89-5642; Triton Oil & Gas Corp. v. Republic Natural Gas Corp, et al.; 193rd District Court, Dallas County, Texas.
- Obtained temporary restraining order for joint venture operator against co-joint venturer regarding enforcement of farm-out agreement involving 72,000 acres for oil and gas production in Indonesia. No. 3-88-2705; Triton Energy Corp. v. Nordell International Resources, et al.; United States District Court, Northern District of Texas, Dallas Division.
- Represented Exxon in breach of chemical supply contract. Obtained mandatory TRO to enforce contract terms. Settled. No. H-83-7368; Exxon Corp. v. Olin Corp.; United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division.
- Co-counsel for plaintiff in off-shore moorings industry claims involving trade secrets, fraud, and negligence. Settled after temporary injunction hearing. No. 78 51589; Single Buoy Moorings, Inc. v. Van Heijst; 55th District Court, Harris County Texas.